Effortless English Archives

Automatic English For The People

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Deferring to Excellence

by AJ

Ive decided to abandon my efforts to create an online course on my own. The truth is, my passion is for direct teaching... not materials development. The good news is that the world is full of great teachers who love to develop materials and courses.

So, I will focus my efforts instead on face-to-face teaching and one on one online tutoring using Tutopia. Theyve got great tools... much better than anything I could create on my own.

For cheap online self-study.... an excellent program already exists...one I highly recommend-- The Linguist. I have great respect for the Linguist approach. And at about 30-40 dollars a month... its affordable for almost anyone.

If you would like an affordable way to study English on your own... give The Linguist a try!!