Effortless English Archives

Automatic English For The People

Friday, June 02, 2006

Customized Content

by AJ

I took EFL Geek's advice concerning Audacity and it worked great. As I mentioned in a previous post, I bought a book & CD called "Teach Yourself: Improve Your Spanish". I was annoyed to discover that each chapter began with a long winded intro by a British woman... in English.

So, following EFL Geek's advice, I downloaded the files to iTunes. Then I opened the first chapter in Audacity. I used Audacity to cut all the English parts of the audio, leaving me with Spanish-only conversations. Perfect!!

This takes a little time, but is well worth the effort. I imagine this technique could be used with any audio files, so long as they come in MP3 files or other file types supported by Audacity.



San Francisco, CA

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home