Effortless English Archives

Automatic English For The People

Friday, June 02, 2006

Customized Content

by AJ

I took EFL Geek's advice concerning Audacity and it worked great. As I mentioned in a previous post, I bought a book & CD called "Teach Yourself: Improve Your Spanish". I was annoyed to discover that each chapter began with a long winded intro by a British woman... in English.

So, following EFL Geek's advice, I downloaded the files to iTunes. Then I opened the first chapter in Audacity. I used Audacity to cut all the English parts of the audio, leaving me with Spanish-only conversations. Perfect!!

This takes a little time, but is well worth the effort. I imagine this technique could be used with any audio files, so long as they come in MP3 files or other file types supported by Audacity.



San Francisco, CA