Effortless English Archives

Automatic English For The People

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Feedback About Podcast Wanted

by AJ

I'm new to podcasting, so I would appreciate comments and advice-- especially from English learners.

In my first two podcasts, I have included two version of the audio. The first is at normal speed, the second is slower (too slow, obviously, in my first podcast :) Is this helpful? Or do you find the repetition, and the slower version, to be annoying and unnecessary?

In my second podcast, I included a brief explanation of a few words & phrases. Again, is this helpful or is it unnecessary, distracting, and/or annoying?

Would it be better to have just one audio speech/reading of the post, at a normal rate of speech? Without explanations and without a slower version? Or should the explanations be included, or maybe expanded?



San Francisco, CA